Your “solopreneur” business has taken off, and you’ve achieved your dream of being your own boss. Congratulations! But now are you ready to be someone else’s boss?
Most self-employed entrepreneurs reach a point when, even with the help of freelancers or outside contractors, they have more business than they can handle. At this stage, the only way to keep growing—and growing more profitable—is to hire employees.
The hiring process can be complex, and we want to help simplify it for you – so you can get it right the first time.
This e-book sponsored by ComplyRight will help you determine whether you are truly ready to hire and will walk you through every step, from recruiting and interviewing to complying with tax and employment laws. Our goal is to remove the obstacle of ‘not knowing what to do’ so you can get on with what’s important: adding productive employees who can help you grow your business.
The e-book details the crucial steps in the hiring process:
- Make Sure You’re Ready
- Know Your Legal Obligations
- Define the Role and Pay Range
- Recruit Job Candidates
- Screen Candidates Thoroughly—and Legally
- Make the Job Offer
- Complete the Required Paperwork
- Set up Payroll and Tax Withholding
- Register and Report Your New Hire
- Display Mandatory Labor Law Information
- File Required IRS Forms
- Maintain Accurate Employee Records