Google My Business is no more. Get used to saying Google Business Profile. (I know, it’s a hard habit to break - I catch myself doing it, too.)
Google rebranded Google My Business to Google Business Profile in November 2021. Your company's original Google My Business listing still exists; you can just manage it differently now.
Google is the main starting point for your customers which means you need to work extra hard to earn a top spot above your competition. The best way to do that is with your Google Business Profile.
Manage Your Profile Directly on Search and Maps
With your Google Business Profile, you can now manage your listing right from Google Search and Google Maps.
Just search for your business name in Google Search or Google Maps to see the business you already claimed and verified.
From Google Search or Maps, you can now edit your address and business hours, create posts, upload photos and videos, and respond to reviews.
Keywords on Profiles for the Win!
Is your Google Business Profile optimized with good keywords? Do your keywords appeal to humans first and the Google Bot second?
Keywords are real words that we would use to find your business in a search, so you need to make sure those keywords appear naturally in the following:
- Business Description: Describe what you sell or what services you provide.
- Question & Answer: Format common questions and answers that people ask you and your staff. This is a good place to add more conversational text.
- Post Text: Write a sentence or two for your post caption with keywords and keyword phrases.
- Products: You can add products to your listing with a great description. Take the time to do this and link to the actual product on your website.
- Services: Just like products, you can add all the services you provide with keyword-rich descriptions.
- Menus: Did you know your restaurant can upload menus to your listing?
Include the right keywords throughout your Google Business Profile in a way that reads naturally to humans. This will boost the relevance of your listing when we’re searching for something specific that you provide.
Google Profile: It's Your Best Local SEO Tool
Your business can't afford to ignore local SEO and the importance of your Google Business Profile.
Every single one of us is using Google to find a local business like yours. Being found on the first page in local search results almost guarantees lots of new customers!